Disaster PLEASE help

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mydanes, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mydanes

mydanes Member

I have like a TON of machines that were all completely functional - NOW every single one says 'there is not an OS installed'

I am on the latest MAC OS Snow Leopard

but my laptop is also and no problem on it.

I also crash EVERY Time I load parallels PLEASE help.

Thanks in advance

2. mydanes

mydanes Member

Can NO ONE offer me some help???

3. RON BROOKS

RON BROOKS Bit poster

Have you updated Parallels?

Have you updated Parallels to the latest version?

The latest version is 4.0.3846 as of this posting. You must have this version to support OS/X Snow Leopard as a Host Operating System. All earlier versions will not run and crash immediately.

I am not sure from your post if this is the issue or not. It is good that you backed up, but I would suggest upgrading from version x to y in the future first. Only then would I attempt upgrading the operating system.

I hope that an upgrade corrects your issue it that was the problem.

4. mydanes

mydanes Member

Disaster update

Ok - after weeks of struggling here is what I ended up doing

I made the error of upgrading my OS FIRST - BIG BIG MISTAKE because after that NON of my Virtual machines would even run at all.

Well I tried to upgrade parallels to the latest released but it would only CRASH

I was ready to go insane :)

FINALLY....................

This morning I decided I had NOTHING to lose by COMPLETELY uninstalling parallels from my mac

REBOOT Mac

Reinstall NEW parallels version clean

Ta-da! ALL MY MAchines fired up and I merely had to update my parallels tools :)

I am so happy!

5. Tim Lehmann

Tim Lehmann Bit poster

I am facing a similar situation.

I had to have my logic board replaced and now Parallels won't recognize my VMs.

I was afraid of losing everything by uninstalling and reinstalling but it sounds like it worked for you. If I unistall and reinstall can I then just import my virtual drives and everything will remain in tact?

Thanks very much for your help.

6. mydanes

mydanes Member

Uninstall and reinstall and then merely 'open' the vm and you are set

you do not need to uninstall any personal settings or your vms JUST the software.