Parallels 2.2 upgrade to 4.0 in Snow Leopard- PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DallasH, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DallasH

DallasH Bit poster

I had been running parallels 2.2 in leopard for the past 2 years without many problems. A couple weeks ago i upgraded to snow leopard and now can't run my version of parallels. I can no longer access the VM to pull off any of the back up files!! I am aware that 2.2 will not run but 4.0 will. I just need to know that all of my software and desktop files will follow to the new 4.0 VM when i upgrade? Can anyone shed some light on my issue? answer this question for me? or supply me with information that will help? It is important to my business that i have all these files and software. Thank you i look forward to using the 4.0 upgrade!

Thanks.

D

2. dpxpoz

dpxpoz Junior Member

Do you have an external drive with 10.5.x that you boot from? You can access your 2.2 from that. If that doesn't work than go to the folder where you have your .pvs saved and change the name of the folder-e.g., if it's just named "Parallels" change to something like "Parallel-old" and then P 4.0 should see it.

3. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

I understand that you are using version 2.x and it is not compatible with Snow Leopard. In this case you need to upgrade to 4.x. Upgrading to the latest build will not affect the virtual machine in any manner. It will back up and convert to the latest format. Please click on the download link given below to upgrade your version of Parallels:

http://download.parallels.com/deskt...lsDesktop-parallels-en_US-4.0.3846.436204.dmg

Upgrade costs $49.99. Most of known bugs was fixed in it and it is pretty fast and reliable.
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/6637
    Parallels Desktop 4.0. build 3810 and later are compatible with Snow Leopard operating system and you can install as you do on a normal Leopard OS.

For more information, please go through the attachment which lists the compatible software with Snow Leopard.