Parallels Mounter Fails

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by txrpls, Oct 5, 2009.

1. txrpls

txrpls Member

I have been unable to mount my virtual XP using Parallels Mounter and Snow Leopard 10.6.1 booted into 64 Bit mode. I also am unable to share my windows XP SP3 drive while XP is loaded. Parallels 4.0.3846. Anyone else have same problem?

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

3. txrpls

txrpls Member

Attached Files:

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

5. txrpls

txrpls Member

Neither o of those so;utions are relevant. There is no disk problem. I can use Parallel explorer and open the virtual hard disks for Ubuntu Linux, Windows 7 and my Windows XP Pro. I can mount all of the same when I boot into 32 bit mode. I have the problem when I boot the Mac into 64 bit mode. I can still open the virtual disks with Parallels Explorer, but they will not mount. This is not a chkdsk/repair problem! This is a 64 bit problem! I have also de-installed and reinstalled Parallels 4.0.3846.

6. TakashiH

TakashiH Bit poster

Same Here, even in Parallels Desktop 5.0

I have exactly the same symptom, except that I'm using Parallels Desktop 5.0 (vs 4.0).
    Hasn't there been any progress in Parallels Mounter for this 64 bit kernel issues ?