Unable to connect to hard disk 1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Josh Raymond, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Josh Raymond

Josh Raymond Bit poster

Hey guys. I know this seems like a pretty common issue, but all of the suggested fixes on here don't seem to resolve my issue. I'm trying to run Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) on my MacBook. I've formatted my hard drive using boot camp and have successfully run Windows Vista directly from the start up without issue. When I attempted to configure Windows Vista with Parallels, however, I encountered the issue of Parallels not being able to connect to hard disk 1. I'm running the latest build of Parallels 4 (3846).

The problem ID is: 617379.

Thanks for any suggestions or help you guys can offer. I'm normally pretty computer literate, but this one has just baffled me. Let me know if you need any other information.

2. VBR

VBR Member

3. WadiB

WadiB Bit poster

I am having the same problem with windows XP Professional. I was able to lauch the application by selecting a different hard drive started. I changed the boot partition to the image file and pressed ok and then change back to the boot camp partition. This was working well until today that I got the same problem again.

Hope works for you