Updater Keeps Starting and Failing!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dbrowniefl, Oct 5, 2009.

1. dbrowniefl

dbrowniefl Bit poster

Hi all,

Even though I have it disabled, the auto-updater keeps trying to update every few minutes. When I click ok and try to update, it quits before install and then a few minutes later, it starts again. Problem is is stalls my computer while it gathers the update material. How can I stop this??!!

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

lease follow the steps below in regards with the issue:

1. Please uninstall Parallels using the latest 3846 build.

http://download.parallels.com/deskt...lsDesktop-parallels-en_US-4.0.3846.436204.dmg

But remember that you need to uninstall both application and application settings while uninstalling Parallels Desktop application.

2. Then install Parallels desktop build 3846. After installing you will be prompted to create a new virtual machine. Cancel that page and go to File -> Open and choose the appropriate .pvm file in Documents/Parallels.

Also, install Parallels Tools.

3. blshaw45

blshaw45 Member

Doesn't work

I tried the suggestion to uninstall and then re-install. Goes into an infinite loop while starting my XP VM. At step 1 in the auto upgrade process I get a Parallels message that says I have to complete the upgrade process manually. Windoze tries to start, but fails with the message "Error writing the output log".

Then, after "start Windows Normally " executes, I get a blue screen with a message (that flies by very fast) that says "CONFIG_LIST_FAILED".

Over and over again, all day long.......