how to stop windows accessing the internet

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrixtonA, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BrixtonA

BrixtonA Bit poster

I have a MacBook Pro with snow leopard. I bought Parallels with the mac so all is legit.

I have installed windows vista as my VM. It is a genuine copy of windows. I got it when I bought my old PC.
    Anyway when I installed it on the old machine I got a window popping up saying the activation key was invalid and I needed to call Microsoft to get a new one. They provided me with one but it took quite a time waiting on the phone to get put through.
    It is a single user license so since I have junked my old PC I can legitimately use this copy of windows as my VM but I am still getting this message about the key. Problem is I am abroad in various countries till april next so calling UK Microsoft from my mobile would be expensive.

How can I stop my windows VM accessing the internet to prevent this message appearing.
    I currently have to switch my airport off before each time I fire up parallels.
    I only use windows for cad so really do not need it to have internet access.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

Try right-click on the network icon at the down-right corner of Parallels Desktop and choose disconnect

3. Salamat

Salamat Member

I think you'll find it eventually won't start, if it's not activated!

Salamat