BSOD BootCamp in Parallels 3094

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jChristopher, Dec 22, 2006.

1. jChristopher

jChristopher Member

Hi.

Anyone else getting a Blue Screen of Death when logging-in to XP via Parallels BootCamp config?

My situation: I upgraded to Parallels 3094 (from 1970), added a new configuration for booting from (FAT32) BootCamp partition.... [I had tried 3036, and did un-install the Parallels BootCamp tools prior to upgrading.] The initial setup seems to work correctly. I had a problem with the mouse not being recognized, but was able to bypass that my selecting USB->Microsoft Mouse to capture that USB port. But I was able to do enough that I re-activated Windows. Then something happened when it tried to log in, and went BSOD.

Windows restarts, impossibly-fast selects the "Parallels" setup in the initial DOS screen (so I can't go to safe mode or whatever), it checks for disk consistency, and then boots into Windows to the log-in screen. I type in my password, the Windows startup noise happens, it says "loading settings", and then BSOD.

Any suggestions for how to break out of this cycle & make it work?

Thanks,
    -Chris

2. sdlevine

sdlevine Bit poster

BSOD also

I appear to be having the same issue. I've upgraded from 3036 (which booted my boot camp partition enough for me to log into windows). I uninstalled parallel tools for boot camp from windows and installed the latest beta. When Parallel tries to boot my boot camp partition, I get a blue screen with the follow error

*** STOP: 0x000007B (0xF8A18528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

It then tries to reboot and cycles through the same error. Booting in safe mode doesn't make a difference.

I can natively boot into my boot camp partition without any problem

I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 2 Gig memory, 120 Gig Drive 10.4.8

Bootcamp, XP SP2 NTFS file system

3. chrislee149

chrislee149 Junior Member

I also get the 7B stop error (BSOD), which renders Parallels completely useless to me. I have the exact same symptoms as sdlevine's, which I don't think are the same as jChristopher's.

4. dailo

dailo Member

I am having the exact same problem. I can login to Boot Camp with no problems now, but I cannot get parallels to boot up anymore off of Boot Camp. It just blue screens regardless of what I choose, I even tried to boot it in safe mode. Any ideas why this might be happening??

5. dailo

dailo Member

Okay I did a repair Instalation via Parallels and now my Parallels works fine, but my BootCamp now gives me the blue screen instead. So basically one installation gets the right drivers, and then the other doesn't.

Parallels team how does the new beta sort out the HAL stuff without the tools for Boot Camp? Seems like my setup is not automatically chosing the right HAL to use? Your input is appreciated!!

6. agulapak

agulapak Bit poster

I also get the BSOD and the 7B stop error when using my Boot Camp partition. I am using the 3094 beta. So far Parallels has been a complete failure for me.

7. chrislee149

Huh. I was curious about this, so I tried the same thing you did (repair installation in Parallels). I got the same symptom - Parallels works fine, but Boot Camp blue screens!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  8. dailo

dailo Member

If you hold C while you are booting up your Mac it should boot from the CD. For me this isn't a big problem since I rarely use Boot Camp and parallels for everything, but for me too this Beta is slower but I guess I will switch it for now since the old beta won't really work too well for me. I'm just hoping it's something to with HAL mismatching or something and that parallels will have a solution for it.

9. emersunn

emersunn Bit poster

BSOD in beta1 beta2 and beta3 - boot camp partition on Macbookpro.

Any other tips out there? Seems a lot of us cannot get this to work, while others have no issues. I really really need this to function for my job. I will not purchase Parallels until it does work.

Things I have tried:
    • Read all instructions for Beta1 2 and 3.
    • Starting in VGA mode
    • Changing resolution
    • Disabling Virtual Machine devices
    • Reduce virtual memory
    • Normal Acceleration level
    • Cleaned out my xp partition of all previous parallels garbage
    • boot in safe mode
    • nearly every BSOD suggestion in every thread in this forum!

HELP!

10. dailo

dailo Member

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324103

There is the officla MS article. Now if only I could figure out what Boot Camp Tools did to my Windows XP installation so I could reverse it and allow Parallels to recognize it. Currently I can either get either Boot Camp to work completely fine or Parallels work to completely fine by doing a Windows repair installation, but I cannot get them both to work togeather without getting a blue screen.

11. chrislee149

Still getting a 7B BSOD in build 3120. Anyone else?

12. Ainvar

Ainvar Member

Getting the nasty BSOD also.

XP SP2 running NTFS

Bootcamp runs wonderful until I try to boot it from within parallels then it go YAK on my screen.