Relocate Windows task bar in Coherence mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bruce Brown, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Junior Member

I am running in coherence mode and while playing with settings to see what configuration I liked best my Windows task bar was relocated to the top of my screen while the Mac dock is at the bottom. I would like to get my Windows task bar back to the bottom with the Mac dock but can't seem to make that happen.

The automatically relocate windows taskbar is not checked in my coherence settings.

Tips?

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

Hello Bruce,

In order to bring you Task bar to the bottom please follow the below procedure :

1) Right click on the Task bar which is at present on the top.

2) There will be a check mark on the option "lock the Task bar" just do a single click on it, so that it will be unlocked.

3) Now you can drag the Task bar to the bottom of the screen.

4) After dragging again right click on the Task bar and click on the option " lock the Task bar"

3. bostonantifan

bostonantifan Member

Your answer doesn't work, the change isn't saved between sessions.

Srinivasulu.V, I have followed the steps that you listed, and they while that did move the taskbar down to the bottom of the screen, it doesn't stay there. After I get out of Parallels if I go back in, the taskbar does appear at the bottom of the screen while Parallels is starting up, but just as Parallels finishes starting up, the taskbar goes right back to the top of the screen. This is EXTREMELY irritating. Do you have any solution? The only thing I can think of is to uninstall then reinstall Parallels, which seems mighty inconvenient.

4. txrpls

txrpls Member

Any update on this? I have the same problem.

5. Raymond Weeth

Raymond Weeth Junior Member

Have you tried booting in Bootcamp and checking on the status of the task bar. Make sure it is set to the bottom and locked, and then reboot into Mac OS. Then check parallels to see if task bar is on bottom.

6. txrpls

txrpls Member

I don't use Bootcamp