Can't start 3120

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by xspace, Jan 12, 2007.

1. xspace

xspace Bit poster

I'm trying to install Beta 3120. I tried to install the LAST beta (3106) with no luck either. I get the same error. I'm simply installing by running the installer that launches from the download disk, and then trying to start Windows. There don't seem to be any options to perform intermediate steps. I never get to any screen that lets me install anything called "Tools."

In addition, although I UN-installed the previous beta, the new install ALREADY knows that I want to use a boot camp partition, as if there are some lingering config files from the previous install still hanging around.

Can anyone point me to a discussion of the right way to install Parallels, and possibly to uninstall it as well?

Pretty frustrating software so far.

Here is a screen shot of the error msg I get, and a screen shot of the config screen.

My boot camp partition works fine, btw, although if I boot over to it I DO get a Windows error concerning Tools.

Attached Files:

2. Narflar

Narflar Bit poster

sounds like my issue (made my own post before I saw this one)

I bet you get this screen also...

[​IMG]

3. JayRx1981

JayRx1981 Bit poster

I get that exact same error message whenever I try to use my boot camp partition (which was purposely made as a 32GB Fat32 partition on the mac drive) to start Windows in Parallels. I've pretty much given up on using the boot camp partition for now. :(

4. JayRx1981

JayRx1981 Bit poster

On a side note, however, I am incredibly impressed by how well Parallels virtualizes the windows environment. While it'd be nice to have 3d/game support, for my other uses for Windows, parallels functions largely without flaw and with fantastic speed to boot.

So I lift my glass of a faintly woody Chardonnay to you, Parallels program team. you've done a helluva job! :)