Parallels 3.0 and game compatibility...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Shaun666, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BaldursFreak

BaldursFreak Bit poster

Caesar IV

Currently driving Parallels 3.0 Build 5160... Keep getting an error message from trying to run Caesar IV... Keep getting a message asking for the original disk, not a backup. Pretty sure this has been asked before but didn't see a solution posted. Is there a way around what seems messed up copyright issues between os and xp? I REALLY do not want to boot camp this :/ Thanks guys :)

2. MartaS

MartaS Bit poster

Parallels and Autodesk 3dMax

Hi everyone,

Last week I have purchased and installed Parallels Desktop 4.0 on my MacBook (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, graphic card GMA X3100, Snow Leopard, on Parallels Windows XP (SP2)) without any problems. Two days ago I wanted to install Autodesk 3dMax and even though the installation was successful every-time I've tried to run 3dMax... for a second I could see all of the viewports and tools of the 3dMax as they should be and then everything was turning pixalated and distorted even the window of the whole windows itself!
    I have tried different installations of original licensed 3dMax 9 and 3dMax 10, with DirectX9 and without. I have tried to switch the graphic modes starting up the 3dMax and nothing has worked so far. All of my software both on Mac and Windows is up-to-date so why is it still not working and what should I do? Turn back to boot camp? Or what might be the problem? 3d acceleration? Parallels website says that Parallels should run 3dMax 9 with DirectX9 but in my case it didn't work. Please help.

Kind regards
    Marta

3. Mak Burns

Mak Burns Junior Member

Oh I remeber that with DirectX9 Half Life works great and FIFA pro too.

4. JoshM7

JoshM7 Bit poster

With Parallels Desktop for Mac you can run games and applications that require DirectX or OpenGL support in your virtual machines.

The DirectX10.1 and OpenGL2.1 support can be enabled for Windows-based virtual machines with Parallels Tools installed. 8 Ball Pool
    The OpenGL2.1 support can be enabled for Linux-based virtual machines with Parallels Tools installed. Google Hangouts
    NOTE: the majority of modern 3D games are very resource-intensive programs which require a discrete graphics adapter (standalone GPU) for desired performance. Omegle

Install Parallels Tools
    Follow instructions from KB115835 to install Parallels Tools in your Virtual Machine.

Enable gaming profile
    Open virtual machine configuration window > General tab > Configure for > Change > choose Games only.

Supported versions
    OpenGL 2.1
    OpenGL 3.2*
    DirectX 10.1
    Shader Model 4
    * - supported in Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac for the following applications:

DIALux 6 evo
    Northgard (game, Early Access since Feb 2017)
    Unigine Heaven & Valley benchmark
    OpenGL Extenstions Viewer (glviewer)
    id Software games: Rage, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein: The New Order

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018