Unable to update to Parallels 4.03848

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by scrambledheads, Oct 30, 2009.

1. scrambledheads

scrambledheads Bit poster

I've raised a ticket and just get copied and pasted wikipedia entries on checksum :( I'm trying to update Parallels 3.0848 on OSX Snow leopard but when I do I either get a checksum error (I've tried with SPI turned off on my router) or "one or more files needed to update the software are missing. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance." This is really frustrating. I've tried downloading the update in Windows (VM) on a different computer on a different network and copying across nothing works and Support seem unable to understand / read my ticket / help.

Please help

2. JonathanC

JonathanC Bit poster

upgrade to 4.03848 failure

I have the same problem as above and have myself sent in a ticket as well regarding the issue. What is even more bothersome about all of this, is that i even got a email from parallels with a private link to dl the update, and the link that they sent me directs me to a "403 forbidden" page...

Hopefully we will get an answer to this 'unable to update question" before the new year comes around....

3. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

4. JonathanC

JonathanC Bit poster

Link to site does not work within safari or firefox

When one clicks on the link directly from the site it just sends an email with a private download URL. When I download the .dmg through safari, upon completion of the download I get

"The operation couldn't be completed. (SafariErrorDomain error 1.)"

So i then copy and paste the private download link from my email into latest build of firefox, and to no avail the .dmg file doesn't mount correctly and errors with

"image data corrupted"

still no simple workaround as just downloading directly from site, or being sent the private download URL.
    Maybe its on a per client basis, therefore I am going to run disk utility off of OS X disk to make sure all permissions are correctly verified on my disk.

I'll report back if repairing permissions on my HDD did anything.

5. JonathanC

JonathanC Bit poster

Update still a failure, o look, time to upgrade to 5.0

Well, repairing permissions was pointless, as I had none to repair, and my disk was completely verified with no errors according to disc utility.

As I do not have another mac to download the update from I guess I'll just have to give up. The tech support agent that has been "assisting" me has told me not to download the update from a win 7 partition, so i tried from a windows vista laptop, alas the update still doesnt mount. So looks like the only advice I can get is to only download the .dmg from the parallels website on a MAC. (which obv. doesn't work on my unibody macbook pro)

Not all hope is lost though, coincidentally parallels sent me an email that i can now purchase an upgrade to 5.0, kind of typical that as soon as I choose to update to latest build of 4.03848, the download is broken, and 5.0 gets publicly released.

looks like ill be sticking with virtual box for running VM's unless Parallels 5 has guaranteed support for Win 7 bootcamp partitions and I wont activation issues....