Trouble sharing folders...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Zeos786, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Zeos786

Zeos786 Junior Member

When I try to open the "Parallels Shared Folders" icon on my Win 7 desktop, I get an error:

\\.psf is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

I only want to share two specific folders between my Mac and the Win 7 VM. I have specified these two folders under the "Shared Folders" and "User-defined Folders" sections of the Parallels Configuration menu. Any ideas?

2. TapisVolant

TapisVolant Junior Member

3. Carl Gundel

Carl Gundel Bit poster

Just wondering, but when you open a cmd.exe as administrator, can you change the drive to z: ?? I can't.

-Carl Gundel
    http://www.runbasic.com
    Easy web programming in BASIC

4. TapisV

TapisV Bit poster

If this is what you mean, then yes I can.

[​IMG]

5. VBR

VBR Member

Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.

1. In windows click on start -> control panel -> add or remove programs, here uninstall Parallels Tools and kaspersky (Parallels Internet Security) if it is installed.
    2. After uninstalling completely click on start -> run and type cmd and click on ok (a black window should pop up on the screen).
    3. In the black window type cd c:\windows\system32\drivers and hit the enter button.
    4. Now type del prl* and hit the enter button
    5. Go to My Computer -> c: -> program files and rename the parallels folder to parallelsold .
    6. Restart the virtual machine
    7. After the windows is booted install Parallels Tools and then install Kaspersky (Parallels Internet Security) if necessary.

6. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Member

I tried the cmd but I can't delete files

I get "Access denied" and I am the administrator

7. Zeos786

Zeos786 Junior Member

Thanks! This worked.

8. primitivo56

primitivo56 Bit poster

Access denied

I also get the Access Denied when I try to delete the prl* files. Any suggestions?