Trial Version Compatible With Mac 10.6.1?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by wmatthies, Nov 3, 2009.

1. wmatthies

wmatthies Bit poster

I downloaded and installed Parallels 4 for use on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.1. The first problem was the process to install the tools never appeared to complete even though I was able to open Windows albeit in a small window, which leads to my first question. Can I not open Windows on the full desktop? I only see a window about half the size of the screen.

I let the tool installation thing run all night and finally Force Quit this morning. Before I did I opened Windows and other than the fact that it was in a small window and ran slowly, it seemed to work. I then closed it and opened again but cannot get past a black screen with a message saying it cannot connect to Hard Disk 1. The only option is to quit.

Is all this because the trial is not Snow Leopard compatible or something else?

2. John Ebert

John Ebert Bit poster

I installed it this weekend with 10.6.1 and it is working fine. I will continue to test for a few more days and will probably purchase it if it continues to work well.

I am running on a Macbook with the Core 2 Duo with 4 GB.

John

3. nq5t@tx.rr.com

nq5t@tx.rr.com Member

Drag the window from the bottom right corner, like you would with any Mac window

If you have to let something run all night, then clearly there's a problem. I'll never understand why anyone does this sort of thing :)

Go to the menu bar and install/re-install Parallels Tools.

4. wmatthies

wmatthies Bit poster

Your suggestion to drag the window is not a solution (nothing happens.) Moreover I did reinstall and eliminated all problems.

As to why you "never understand why anyone does this sort of thing :)" . . . relax, no doubt that's not the only thing you don't udnerstand (":)" back at you.)