After Maclook disabled, windows have square corners

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by twynne, Nov 4, 2009.

1. twynne

twynne Hunter

I've installed the release version of PD5 today and enabled Maclook to try it out. After disabling it, all Windows application windows have visible square corners surrounding them. I've filed a bug, but is anyone else seeing the same?

Thanks,

Tom

2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

3. STim

STim Bit poster

Please try restarting your guest. This should cure the issue.

If not, please
    1. Right-click Windows Desktop, select "Properties"
    2. Appearance tab
    3. In "Windows and Buttons" drop-down select "Windows XP style"
    4. Hit "Apply"

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. twynne

twynne Hunter

IMO, the problem with Maclook (for me) is that you can't double-click the title bar to minimise as you can a Mac application (double-click obviously does the opposite). This coupled with moving the 'minimise' button to the left causes quite a bit of confusion - maybe I'd get used to it in time but I doubt it. I'm used to minimising Windows apps from the right side of the Window, and Mac apps by double-clicking the window. Not sure if the default Windows behaviour can be modified somehow - either by Parallels or a 3rd party app??

6. beta_sales

beta_sales Member

after experiencing the same problem, I suspect that it has nothing to do with MacLook at all. It seems that when using an Aero theme, the alpha on the corners is not rendered correctly. Parallels seems to create its own Aero theme, with a grey background. I think it is this background you are seeing, rather than a remnant of maclook.
    Try changing the theme and see what happens

7. twynne

twynne Hunter

I'm on a Windows 7 machine. None of these settings exist. Any ideas?

8. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

9. twynne

twynne Hunter

I managed to sort it out last night somehow... I believe fiddling around with the theme fixed it but I'm not entirely sure. I think for now I'll stick with the 'basic' theme as it seems to work without issue. It would be nice 'eye candy' to have aero with the Mac desktop showing through, but I can see the technical complexities involved.