5.0 upgrade - Unable to register

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mark Peterson, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson Bit poster

Hi,

I purchased Parallels 4.0 after October 1st and got the notice today that I could upgrade to 5.0 for free. I dl'd 5.0, installed it, entered my upgrade key, and Parallels said that it was activated. The Parallels about dialog indicates that the product is activated as well.

Upon running my VMs, however, I get the notice to register and when I attempt to do so it says "This copy of Parallels Desktop cannot be registered because it was activated with an invalid product key." and directs me to contact support.

Can you tell me how to fix this?

My environment is Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks,

- Mark

2. daddykool

daddykool Bit poster

Same here.
    iMAC running SL
    Regards
    Ed

3. AngeliqueF

AngeliqueF Bit poster

I have the exact same problem.. been thinking a re-install might be in order

4. LukeW

LukeW Bit poster

5. mr.oops

mr.oops Bit poster

Same here: "This copy of Parallels Desktop cannot be registered because it was activated with an invalid product key. Please contact the Parallels support team for assistance.". Upgraded from Parallels 3 to Parallels 4 in Oct 2009, and upgraded from Parallels 4 to Parallels 5 yesterday. Running MacBook Pro (dec 2006) + OS X 10.6. Registration at the website in My Account was a piece of cake.

6. IgorG

IgorG Junior Member

I have discussed with responsible guys and they have informed me that there is really exists problem with _registration_ but not with activation upgrade key. So, it is known issue and it should be fixed soon. Registration impossibility affect only assigning your name to key and updates availability. When it will be fixed you will be able register your PD and download and install updates.

7. Steve H

Steve H Bit poster

Having similar problem, except I do not get an error message regarding an invalid key. I downloaded upgrade and received a licence number from Nova Development. Used the key provided to activate product but when the registration window is completed it just spins, fades and stays on screen. Nothing happens. I have been told by Parallels support to wait until I receive my cd in mail and phone Nova Development for a new key. Hopefully register will be fixed by that time.

8. Stefania

Stefania Bit poster

Exactly the same here.
    An open ticket hangs since 48 hours.

I read that's a known issue with no fix, actually.

Bu a short reply (even a cut/paste one) to a worried user ticket is not so time consuming...
    Why not to do it?

Stefania