P5 Windows 7 - can't connect network adaptor?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Steelbom, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Hey, I want to connect Windows 7 VM (from boot camp) to the internet, but I can't tick the connect check box under the configuration of the OS.
    Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Windows XP & Vista also won't allow me to tick the connect check box for the network adaptor.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

I have attached a picture, I don't think my original message was clear, I cannot tick the tick box to enable the network adaptor.
    IIRC I had the network adaptor for all VMs disabled before I opened my VMs with Parallels 5.

3. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Accidentally clicked submit reply without image

Attached Files:

4. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

I removed my Windows 7 VM from Parallels 5, and made a new one which had the network adaptor enabled and I was able to connect to the internet.
    It however came up with a weird message when connecting the DVD drive to it's image or something, so I put back and opened the previous Windows 7 VM I removed.
    I would appreciate a solution to this, as I do not want to have to re-install Windows XP, and Windows Vista to enable them to connect to the internet (their network adaptors still can't be connected, and as I have put back the old Win 7 VM it's network adaptor also can't be connected)

It appears that having had the network adaptor disabled from Parallels 4.0 and then opening them in Parallels 5.0 something has not happened correctly.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

If your VM is running, than it is by design. Hardware configuration may not be changed on running VM

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hm. What is the message?

7. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Hi, I understand that it won't work if it is running and that's what I thought it was initially, however I have tried to connect the Network Adaptor in all VMs while they are turned off without success.
    I created a new VM from my Windows 7 BC partition, it allowed me to change the Network Adaptor settings and was initially enabled.

I would like to fix the issue though, I don't want to reinstall XP or Vista.
    I will attach a picture of the weird error.

Attached Files: