Windows 7 Burn files to disc FAILS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gebauer, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gebauer

gebauer Member

I have a 15in Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.1, with Parallels 5 and a Windows 7 (64bit) Virtual Machine.
    The internal optical drive is a MATSHITA DVD+/-RW UJ-857G Firmware rev. ZD0M .

With the CD/DVD connected to my VM, I insert a DVD+R blank disc which brings up the Burn to Disc wizard. I drag my files into the Burn to Disc folder and select 'Burn to Disc'. The drive spins up, the progress gage moves immediately to the end, the disc spits out and I get a message - 'The disc wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for your CD or DVD burner installed, and try again.' I've tried different brands of media and have the same result. I have no problem burning DVD's on the Mac side. Also, firmware updates don't seem to be available.

Thanks

2. Bopanna I G

Bopanna I G Hunter

3. gebauer

gebauer Member

Nero worked.
    Can you tell me why Nero worked and Windows Burn to disc did not?
    Is this fixable?

4. mmika

mmika Pro

Could you pls reproduce the problem and make the problem report afterwards. And provide here problem report number to start the investigation.

Thanks

5. gebauer

gebauer Member

How do I make a problem report?

6. MayCai368M

MayCai368M Bit poster

You could try video to DVD creator, it should be making better way to burn files