Mouse Pointer not being inverted.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tamitall, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tamitall

tamitall Bit poster

My mouse pointer is not being inverted correctly when I mouse over a black backgrounded window.

I notice this in putty. I found details about this problem on the following page:
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/black-pointer.html

Anyone else experience this? Anything I can do for the Parallels guys to give more info about this?

Thanks!

-Thom

MBP C2D, XP Pro SP2, putty version 0.58.

2. farsonic

farsonic Bit poster

Yes, I to have this problem.....it is very anoying. I'd sugest it is an issue with the display driver in parallels. :(

3. hisglassworks

hisglassworks Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. I desperately need this to work for my astrophotography program and it isn't. Works fine in Boot Camp, but not in Paralles. Has got to be the display driver. Wish it would get fixed.

4. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I've seen it only in Putty so far. Putty does let you change fg/bg and cursor colors and that is what I did. So far I have to blame Putty as it is the only app I've found with the problem.

5. hisglassworks

hisglassworks Bit poster

No, this happens in ImagesPlus for Windows. windows is supposed to invert the cursor at the OS level for different background, but for some reason the video driver for Parallels is not handling it correctly. It works perfectly in Boot Camp, but not in Parallels. Definitely a driver issue and not a program issue.

6. STim

STim Bit poster

Thanks for letting us know. I see the same problem with Putty. We're wokring on the fix.

Best regards,
    Tim

7. tamitall

tamitall Bit poster

For what it's worth, this is still a problem.

-Thom