Nortel Contivity VPN client?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by brennan, Oct 1, 2006.

1. brennan

brennan Bit poster

I'm trying to get the Nortel Contivity v.4_86.102 VPN client to work under Parallels RC2 1922. It immediately pops up a dialog box that says, "Login Failure due to: Authentication Failure". It doesn't appear to be trying to connect at all, so I suspect that there is something funky with the networking setup, though I have parallels set to grab a DHCP address from the router. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this? I've gotten the built in Microsoft PPTP to work, as well as a Netscreen client.

Thanks,
    brennan

2. mackmc

mackmc Bit poster

I am able to get the client to work and authenticate but (with logging enabled) just when the connection should be complete the error is VPN Connection Dropped. Not sure why. I'l try it on a non-parallels machine tomorrow and report the results.

Config here is Mac Book Pro 17, Parallels RC1, Vista RTM, Nortel Vista Beta 2 client.

3. mcsenerd

mcsenerd Member

Well...I've got the Nortel Contivity Client version V04_91.021 running just fine inside a Win XP VM running on Parallels 3120 RC1. Maybe you need to upgrade your client?

4. mackmc

mackmc Bit poster

My Nortel client works perfectly in XP Parallels (any version). My issue is in Vista using the Nortel Vista beta client.

5. johnholley

johnholley Bit poster

You couldn't just detail the settings you are using could you? I am having no joy. My machine is not seeing the VPN gateway.