Parallels 5.0 display problems with WPF applications

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SethW, Nov 10, 2009.

1. SethW

SethW Bit poster

WPF applications (like Zune software) and other WPF applications seem to have a display problems with multiple displays.

It seems to leave a shadow copy of the WPF applications on display #1 when the application is moved to display #2, and the actual application on display #2 does not update its display, while the odd shadow copy on display #1 does update.

Also, sometimes if the WPF application is on display #1 it is not updating its display at all, but when dragging the application onto display #2 It updates.

These behaviors seem to happen quite regularly in Coherence, Crystal and Full Screen (with multiple monitors).

2. CharlesR

CharlesR Bit poster

The problem has more to do with the Zune software itself. I've noticed it myself on my full blown desktop, I think it has more to do with WPF then with Parallels.

3. Willem

Willem Bit poster

I am running Expression Blend 3 on Windows 7 (parallels 5 build 9220) and am experiencing similar behaviour. Would like to resolve this but this might be attributed to DirectX9.0 instead of 10.0?

4. jsgordon

jsgordon Bit poster

Application has trouble with heavy use of WPF

A new application I have just tried under Parallels 5 (on iMac Quad i7, 2 processors, 2GB, 1600x1200, Windows 7) seems to have problems that may be similar to this. At least I know the program uses WPF heavily for everything. Even simple popups and scrolling within the application causes random, sometimes complete "black screen" within the application window. Various actions cause it to come back and display properly.

Attached Files:

5. jsgordon

jsgordon Bit poster

I posted a problem with an application that heavily uses WPF. My post hasn't shown up (maybe because it had an attached screen shot). But I wanted to say, parts of the application window (or the whole window) went black from time to time. When I changed the screen resolution to 16-bit color, the problem went away. Maybe it's just a memory problem? Is it possible that the 256K+255K is not enough, or that the interaction between the dedicated video memory and "system memory" has a problem?