Parallels Tools wont install

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MichaielR, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

Parallels Tools wont install after upgrading to Parallels 5. It is asking me to locate the download, but I cant find it. Then a window opens and says to contact tech support. Please advise. I run my business on this computer and I need Parallels Tools asap.
    thanks

2. VBR

VBR Member

Hello,

In Mac go to Mac Hd/Library/Parallels/Tools and open the prl-tools-win.iso and copy the setup.exe file to the windows sdide and install Parallels Tools using this file.

3. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

still wont let me install. I get the following message...." The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'parallels-tools-i386.msi' in the box below."

I have searched the path in c drive, but the folder is empty. I need help now. i am at work and my entire business is on hold until this is resolved.

thanks

4. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

still doesnt let me install.
    I get the following message...

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package
    'parallels-tools-i386.msi' in the box below."

When i search this folder i386 it is empty and i do not know where else to look.

I followed the instructions that the admin requested (In Mac go to Mac Hd/Library/Parallels/Tools and open the prl-tools-win.iso and copy the setup.exe file to the windows sdide and install Parallels Tools using this file.), but i continue to get the same message when i try to reinstall the file.
    please advise.

5. MichaielR

MichaielR Junior Member

still doesnt work

6. majortom

majortom Member

It happens often to me regardless the guest OS. Go to the Devices Menu once the guest OS is active and unmount any physical CD/DVD device even if there aren't any mounted. Reselect "Install Parallels Tools". Its ImageFile should now mount on the desktop or start automatically (Windows)