Windows XP shutdown problem in Parallels 4.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by wingmate, Feb 24, 2009.

1. wingmate

wingmate Member

Almost every time I try to shut down Windows XP in Parallels 4.0.3810 I get a message referencing a problem with prl_cc.exe. Sometimes Windows will shut down and sometimes it completely hangs forcing me to cold boot my iMac to get rid of it.

Typically, I get a "End Program - prl_cc.exe" pop up window stating it is "Ending Program...Please wait" offering me the option to "End Now". Either waiting or clicking the "End Now" button often generates a message saying "This program is not responding." Then, sometimes these error messages are followed by a red stop sign message: "[E] MS Windows SP" giving me the option to "Force Eject" Windows.

What is going on and how do I get back to consistent clean shut downs?

2. BBH

BBH Junior Member

Same problem

This program is really turing out to be a piece of crap. EVERY TIME...EVERY TIME I shut down the VM, it locks up. I can get it restarted by opening the packages and deleting the .mem and .sav files, and restarting the computer.

Makes no difference whether I suspend or shut down or stop, it freezes... At least I think it's frozen. I wait 15 to 20 minutes, the force quit and remove the .mem and .sav files.