Mouse won't track in Turbolinux VM

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by TechnoDan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. TechnoDan

TechnoDan Bit poster

Even though during Turbolinux installation the mouse worked perfectly, scroller and all, once I boot up, the mouse is dead. I am able to switch in and out using ctrl-Alt, but inside the VM, even though I see the mouse arrow graphic onscreen and click on it, when I move the mouse it fails to track.

I don't believe this is a problem particular to the version of linux, Turbolinux 10, that I bought and have installed. If I reboot my computer completely and load Turbolinux (no windows xp, no parallels) I don't have this problem.

Please help me get my mouse running.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Probably wrong mouse was detected during installation. Try to run xorgconfig and select PS/2 mouse - it should work (don't forget to choose VESA generic driver as well).

3. TechnoDan

TechnoDan Bit poster

Thank you for replying to my inquiry Andrew. Unfortunately I am a newbie with Linux and I was unable to run xorgconfig and select PS/2 Mouse as you suggested. I don't have a clue on how to run commands from a command prompt window in Linux.

I did login to the KDE GUI and located the mouse configuration window, but there is no option to change the type of mouse connected.

I went back to restart turbo linux install and continued through the selections until I got to the page where you configure the mouse. Turbo linux recognizes the mouse as follows:

"Device type: Generic - IntelliMouse (PS/2)
    Device connected: /dev/input/mouse0"

I canceled install at that point. Could you please guide me along in baby steps using xorgconfig or using another alternative so that I am able to get the mouse going? Thanks for your help.