xorg 1.7 drivers

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by FrancoisR, Nov 9, 2009.

1. FrancoisR

FrancoisR Bit poster

Hello,

I'm trying to install archlinux as a guest OS (host=OsX 10.6.1).
    Installation went ok, but now I'm having issues installing the parallels tools.

Archlinux has a BSD init style architecture, which is not handled by the parallel tool installer. But that's OK, I was able to edit the corresponding files (install, installer/install-tools and installer/install-service) and got it to put the files were they belong on that system.

The problem comes from the fact that archlinux uses xorg.1.7, and there is no binary drivers in the parallels tools for 1.7. There are drivers for many different xorg version, but it stops at 1.6. I tried just bluntly copying the 1.6 binary into a xorg.1.7 directory, but, not surprisingly, my 1.7 xorg refuses to load this 1.6 driver...

So my question is: is there support coming for xorg.1.7. I assume it should be a relatively straightforward matter of rebuilding the prlvideo_drv. xorg.1.7 is now ready for mass consumption, and it has already made its way in several linux distro.

Thanks for any info/answer.

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Francois, xorg 1.7 drivers are in the works. But no promises or dates yet.

3. FrancoisR

FrancoisR Bit poster

Good to hear. Well, I'm available to test it when you have a beta.
    And thanks again for your support to Linux and Linux users. Parallel 5 is a blast.

4. firewing1

firewing1 Bit poster

+1

I'm happy to hear this as well, I just installed Fedora 12 and everything is working out of the except the Xorg driver, as F12 is using Xorg 1.7.1.

5. EricO

EricO Junior Member

I must have the same problem and can't install Parallels Tools on Fedora 12.

Kind of a show stopper for me as copy and paste isn't supported and I assume that requires the Tools to be installed.

6. RuiF

RuiF Bit poster

Debian 5

Same thing here on Debian 5.0