Upgrading from 4 to 5 USB issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AvnerPeretz, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Duncan Whitcombe

Duncan Whitcombe Bit poster

Works for me

I followed the manual instructions and it works fine :)

2. nimad

nimad Bit poster

Thanks! All is fixed now :)

3. Tim Casey

Tim Casey Bit poster

I've followed the previous instructions from Alexander, once i've pasted the string and press enter it asks for my password but will not let me type anything from the keyboard. i can type things in before i paste the string but once i hit enter there is no response when typing in Terminal, i can type in other programs. i even tried typing my password in an email then copy it and try to paste it but it will not accept the command.

Help please!

4. harry33

harry33 Junior Member

parallels 5 and USB

I have the same problem here
    I see the connected devices in configuration menu/hardware/usb but they don't work and I receive the same error message. I use OSX 10.4.11 and XP SP3

5. harry33

harry33 Junior Member

work for me

Wow -super

Thank u parallel team. It took me 20 seconds to follow the instructions

6. harry33

harry33 Junior Member

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

7. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

Hi, Tim Casey.

When system ask you for pasword in console your input will not shown - this is a security
    reason for this. And it is ok. You just need to type your password and press enter. If you
    type your password correct, then system will do some action. In other case (you enter password
    incorrectly), system will ask password again.