Garmin and Parallels Desktop for Mac Beta 3120

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hmbmd, Jan 14, 2007.

1. hmbmd

hmbmd Bit poster

Still cannot get any of my Garmin GPS hardware units to work with Mapsource or Training Center. The device is recognized by Windows XP and loads the appropriate drivers. When looking in the Device Manager control panel the units are again recognized. The Garmin software does not however see the units. Anyone able to get this to work??

2. Traj

Traj Member

Same problem

You would think that when the device manager sees the device, it would work. I see that Parallels has made great strides in developing this software, but I bought it soley to interface with Garmin. So far no joy!!

:( (utter disappointment)

3. slboettcher

slboettcher Junior Member

Nüvi 660 works fine...

With 3120, my Nüvi 660 is working great.

Scott

4. DrFun

DrFun Bit poster

Nogo with my Garmin StreetPilot 2720. :(

Overall, I'm relying more and more on my Windows system. My Mac w/ Parallels just isn't working out as I had hoped.

5. Lucky

Lucky Bit poster

Forerunner 305

Isn't working either, which is a shame as I upgraded from a non working Polar (using IR) to what I hoped would be a more stable setup with a USB connection....

It appears in the list of USB devices as "Garmin International - Garmin International" and Parallels thinks it can connect, I even get the new hardware sound in Windows, but that's as far as it goes.

Selecting "Add New Hardware" starts the wizard and in the list of devices it shows "Garmin USB GPS" it then says the device is working properly....

Although I'd certainly argue the point....

Any suggestions ?

6. pgershon

pgershon Junior Member

No success with Garmin Forerunner 205. Wasted 2 hours. Driver loads so you think it works, but software does not run. Will try bootcamp.