Remove Windows Start Menu from Crystal View

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Michael DAntonio, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Michael DAntonio

Michael DAntonio Bit poster

When I switch to crystal mode, the Windows start menu / task bar still shows up along the bottom of the screen. Looks the same as coherence mode that way.

What am I not doing right ?

Appreciate any help..

Thanks..
    Mike D Sr.

2. STim

STim Bit poster

Hello,

If you are in Coherence, go to View menu and click the "Hide Windows Taskbar" option.

If you are in Crystal, press and hold Option key and click the red Parallels logo icon in Mac toolbar. This will let you access extended menu, where you can find the same View->Hide Windows Taskbar option

3. Mel A

Mel A Junior Member

Fixed Switching Between Windows Program and Mac using dock in crystal mode

Thanks your solution for removing the windows task bar solved another problem for me. I am running XP with p5 in crystal mode. When the windows task bar is shown, I can't switch to an open windows program from a MAC program by clicking on icon in dock. I have to right mouse click and then click on the top menu item to activate the windows program's window. If I click the icon for windows program, the screen does not switch to the windows program. After I turned the windows task bar off in Crystal mode (using your instructions above), I could then click back and forth between windows program and mac program by clicking on dock icon as expected. Thanks, this solved a really annoying problem.