Pls Help! How to fall back to Parallels 4?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fbx, Nov 20, 2009.

1. fbx

fbx Hunter

I installed the trial of 5 and it was a wreck. I deleted my Parallels 4 installation and everything else with Parallels' name in it to install 5. Now I want to go back to 4 and upgrade later.

I have erased 5 Trial by dragging folder to wastebasket and also all similar. I reinstalled 4 thereafter, but it is not working correctly. I have installed and reinstalled Tools a couple times and they are not installed correctly. I can boot and work but my cursor does not go outside the Windows window without Ctrl-Alt, and there is no hardware acceleration and sound is no good.

Should I reinstall the trial and the uninstall it in some other way (beside dragging to wastebasket)?

Need a little help, please.

Also, does anyone know if/when Parallels will be able to import VMWare Fusion 3.0 virtual machines? Will I be able to do that with Parallels 4?

thanks a million,

Pier

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

Please perform Windows Cleanup Utility on the Windows side. Download Windows Installer clean up utility from the link provided below:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe
    Double-click the file to install the utility.

On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to run the utility.

Remove all entries for Parallels Tools.

Once Parallels Tools has been deleted, reboot Windows and install Parallels Tools.