PLEASE HELP!! My Boss Is Going To Kill Me

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Torentine, Nov 19, 2009.

?

what would be the quickest option to get things rolling

Poll closed Nov 29, 2009.
  1. Completly un-install Parallels 5 and install Paralles 4 with Windows 7?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Install XP Pro over Parallels 5?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Un-install Paralles 5, then install Parallels 4 and a copy of XP Pro?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Quit?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Torentine

Torentine Bit poster

I promised my boss his new iMac which has been sitting in my office for about 2 weeks now just because he kept ordering additional software he wanted installed.

I finally receive a new copy of Parallels 5 and install it on new iMac with a 3.06Ghz dual core and 8 Gigs of RAM and 1TB Hard Drive. This was a new install.

I then created a new Virtual Machine for windows 7 using 2 CPUs and 4GB RAM. This went quite well and got video, sound and network card working perfectly after installing Parallel Tools.

Everything was still fine.

After i installed about 10 different accounting applications and your usual Microsoft Office, anti-virus and so forth.....
    I go ahead and reboot the Virtual Windows 7 Machine.

After the reboot none of the applications or shortcuts where there. Everything reverted back to the original install of Windows 7.

Please help, I already checked and verified that "undo disk" feature was turned off.

I also made sure that snapshots were turned off.

Please help, I cannot find any other thread with this type of problem.

2. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

Please, send us a problem report when the virtual machine is running and in focus, and post it's number here.

3. Torentine

Torentine Bit poster

???

I am sorry for my limited knowledge on Parallels,

How would I generate a report from Parallels?

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

It can be done from menu of Parallels Desktop "Help"->"Report a Problem", click send and a few time after should appear message about sent report and its number

5. Copilot

Copilot Member

Check the User account

You may have accidently switched user on Win 7?

6. mmika

mmika Pro

Torentine, may I ask you one stupid question, from which windows account you have installed apps?
    What with the windows disk? What "dir C:\Program\ Files\" command shows? Is parallels tools still installed and working at virtual machine?