Windows 7 And Parallels 5

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MrWrighty, Nov 6, 2009.

1. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Hi

I run Windows 7 Pro on Parallels 5 on a brand new Macbook Pro, and all is well accept for one very annoying issue.
    I run dual monitors and drag the Windows 7 interface onto the attached monitor.

When the Mac goes to power save and turns off the screen (Not full powersave sleep), I touch the keyboard to wake the Mac the Parallels Full screen of Windows 7 and moved across to the Mac screen and returns to windowed mode, and the second screen just shows the Mac background.

I then have to use the keyboard shortcut to switch to full screen mode, but sometime this fills the Laptop screen so I have to drag the Parallels window over again and switch to full screen mode to carry on working, very occasionally, switch to full screen mode will display a windowed parallels on the second screen, but never full screen, so I have to toggle full screen twice to get it to fill the second screen.

2. ikorobov

ikorobov Parallels Developers

Hello, MrWrighty,

thank you for the report!

Could you please do the following to help us to invesitate the problem in more details:

1. Run Parallels Desktop 5, open "Parallels Desktop->Preferences" dialog and turn on "Use detailed log messages" on the "General" page
    2. Reproduce the problem with Fullscreen Mode on your Mac awakening you've described above
    3. As soon as the problem is reproduced, generate and send us a Proplem Report via "Help->Report a Problem..." menu item and post the report ID here
    4. Turn the option "Use detailed log messages" in the Preferences dialog off again.

Thanks and regards,
    Ivan

3. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, been very busy.
    I have just followed the proceedure to send you the report you requested, but get this, Parallels will not send the report.

I have internet access (Checked with Safari) but when I click send report, I get an error saying, Unable to send the problem report, please check your network settings and try again.

Where do I go from here.

Regards

4. ikorobov

ikorobov Parallels Developers

Hi,

lets try to do the following:

1. Performs steps 1-3 from my previous post to generate a detailed Problem Report but _do not_ click "Send Report" button this time
    2. Instead, please click "Report details..." button on the same dialog to get to a "Problem Report Details" dialog.
    3. On this dialog click "Reveal in Finder" button, so you'll get right inside the Problem Report folder contents stored on your computer
    4. Compress all the files in this folder (e.g. click Cmd+A, right click on the files selected and chose "Compress xxx items" in the context menu
    5. Send me the archive file via e-mail (I'll send you a private message with the exact address)
    6. Please, don't forget to turn the option "Use detailed log messages" in the Preferences dialog off again.

Hopefully, with this report we would be able to investigate both Fullscreen and inability to send us a Problem Report issues.

Thanks and regards,
    Ivan

5. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Hi

Have you had any success in resolving this issue.

Thanks.

6. MrWrighty

MrWrighty Member

Hi,

Have you had any success resolving this issue.

Thanks

Nick