Window Corners in Coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jtjacques, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jtjacques

jtjacques Bit poster

Can you guys do something about the squared-off corner artifacts in coherence mode.

My specific setup is Windows Vista in Parallels 5 as seen in the attached screenshot.

Best,

Jason.

Attached Files:

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

Could you please check if any window have the squared corners? Internet Explorer or Hearts game window for example. There is an Apple's application running in XP mode on your screenshot.

Alexander

3. jtjacques

jtjacques Bit poster

I promise the screen shot is Vista (see the 'Aero' borders and progress bar styling), but you are right it is Apple Software update (for Windows versions of Apple Software) that is running in the screen shot.

As requested here is a capture of Internet Explorer and Hearts, both clearly showing the corner artifacts.

Best,

Jason.

Attached Files:

4. alexg

This happens because the Aero is enabled in Coherence. It is known limitation because these windows are rectangular in Windows if Aero is on. If you turn off Aero then windows will be shaped properly.

5. jtjacques

jtjacques Bit poster

I didn't suspect otherwise, I was just asking if engineering had a view to fix it, and if not could you put it on a TODO-list. After all you have managed to correctly deal with the Start menu (esp. the icon at the top which must be reasonably difficult in comparison -- attached).

Best,

Jason.

Attached Files:

6. alexg

Hi,

We are working on it. It is very difficult to explain but... some windows in Windows has rectangular geometry despite you see it shaped. We are working with the geometry only but Aero can draw any frames inside it. The frame is rectangular in this window. The Start Menu frame is shaped. Moreover, the icon is not part of a window, it is overlay.

Alexander

7. MarceloN

MarceloN Bit poster

Is this fixed in Parallels 7?

8. fishfishstinks

fishfishstinks Bit poster

No it is not fixed in Parallels 7. Best solution is to disable Aero when in coherence then enable it when not. Maybe there can be a script to disable aero upon entering coherence, or make it a checkbox option in parallels itself.