Need help with networking in Parallels XP - please help

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by layt01, Jan 16, 2007.

1. layt01

layt01 Bit poster

Hi all, im a new user and i just got this Intel mac with parrallel Windows XP.
    My DSL connection for MAC OS X is working fine but i cannot get online using the parrallel XP.
    It says "Limited & No connectivity", also, i only have 3 options in my Parrallel Configuration Editor which are - en0, en1 and host-only networking.

I have read the other thread and have tried the methods mention, but still .. no luck.
    Is there any expert out there or who had solved this problem of connecting the networking in Parrallel Windows XP? please help.

MANY THANKS...~~

2. palter

palter Hunter

Which version of Parallels are you running? If you're running a build older than 1970, you should upgrade. (You can do that from Parallels' Help menu.) With 1970, you'll get a third option, Shared Networking, which should work for your situation.

3. SkipNewarkDE

SkipNewarkDE Junior Member

Beta 3120 and Networking with WinXP - BROKE

I have build 3120 installed, and have been unable to connect to the network using ANY of the configurations for the past week. I have gone through the FAQ, and have tried everything but to no avail.

Shared Networking, no go.
    Bridged networking, tried default, airport, and ethernet connections. No go.
    Host-only with ethernet sharing turned on, on the Mac OS X side. No go.

What the heck is wrong with this thing? This is frustrating and I am dead in the water now. I need to go back and install the last release version.

Skip

4. layt01

layt01 Bit poster

have solved the problem

Hi all, thanks for replying my thread. I have used the method of upgrading my parrallel from 1930 to 1970 . After that i hace chosen the additional "share-networking" option. My network in the parrallel Windows Xp works fine now.

Therefore i am not going to upgrade my parrallel to 3120 since there is so many problem.. >_<

Thanks all.

Layt01

5. layt01

layt01 Bit poster

Thanks Palter