Windows stuck on boot window

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ElisabethT, Nov 28, 2009.

1. ElisabethT

ElisabethT Bit poster

Hi all

Since having been forced to stop the MAC by its button (everything frozen on the screen since 20 minutes...) whe I reboot, I get the boot window for Windows XP, asking me which set-up I want to boot (last good, safe mode etc.). Unfortunately I cannot choose any of the options, the arrows won't work, nor will Enter when I try to Enter on the highlighted option.

I absolutely need Windows to work and I've already lost half of the day on this problem, trying everything possible... Does anyone know how to get past the options of the boot window? My keyboard is not the problem apparently, as I can use it normally on the Mac side...

H E L P pleeeease !

2. Charles D

Charles D Bit poster

Have you tried using your windows OS disk?

3. ElisabethT

ElisabethT Bit poster

I've tried more or less anything. Yes I also tried to boot with the OS disk... To no avail I'm afraid. For the moment, Im' working on my laptop, but that's not a long term solution for my poor eyes....

4. cayennecode

cayennecode Bit poster

I'm also having this problem with Windows XP. The Windows XP virtual machine worked fine under Parallels 4, and even ran a few times after upgrading to Parallels 5. But today it keeps crashing with the blue screen and restarting repeatedly. This issue seemed to occur after attempting to install parallels security tools from a popup.

5. cayennecode

cayennecode Bit poster

Both the Vista & Windows 7 VM's are booting properly.

6. ElisabethT

ElisabethT Bit poster

I finally created a new XP, as I have to keep on working, but the othe VM is still stuck on the launch window, and Enter still doesn't boot the VM.. I'm afraid my documents on the VM's desktop are lost forever...