How do I access a file located under my Mac OS X home directory?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Greg Coats, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Greg Coats

Greg Coats Junior Member

How do I access (open) a file located under my Mac OS X home directory?

I find that if I burn a copy of the file to a CD-R, then I can access the file from the CD-R, but I do not know how to access a file located under my Mac OS X home directory, without first burning it to a CD-R.
    I am running the latest Parallels Beta on a Mac MIni Duo.
    Greg

2. n4khq

n4khq Member

With Beta 4 & xp pro, I select and right click the Shared Documents folder on My computer. Choose sharing and 15 minutes later after screwing with the gates wizard, I have the folder shared. Shift Command 4 will take a picture of the VM screen but you have to remember the password.
    Go to OS X, open the HD and click the network icon. You can see your XP shared documents folder under network as a folder with the xp host name. You can share any folder or the c: drive but I move stuff in and out of the shared documents folder. Safer and just about as quick as navigating the c: drive.
    Be sure and unmount the xp shared volume before you quit or suspend XP. If you don't, OS X will search for minutes with the beach ball spinning and finally give you a dialog box asking if you want to disconnect for the volume is can no longer see.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  3. rich_w

rich_w Member

or email it to a gmail/hotmail account then get it from the WinXP side via a browser.

4. david

david Member