Task bar in Crystal Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Howard Brazee, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

When I run Crystal Mode, I get a Windows Task bar above my Dock. If I then start an application, the Crystal Mode options show up in the OS X header. All of the demos I have looked at do not have this Windows task bar. The User manual seems to agree with the demos. How is this supposed to work?

If I am not running a VM, and if the Windows folder is visible (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't), I can start Windows by selecting an application - but that application doesn't start unless Windows is running.

Starting Windows is slower than any version of Parallels I have used, with the exception of the buggy first edition of Parallels 4. But web sites tell how quick it is. Again, am I doing something wrong?

2. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

To get the Windows Taskbar hidden in the Crystal mode, Alt+click the Parallels icon and choose View->Hide Windows Taskbar from the menu.

3. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

Ahh, when I am not running an application, that icon is not visible. I made the icon invisible.

4. wonfuji

wonfuji Bit poster

When I do that it always reads View > Show Windows Taskbar. It never says Hide. Never ever. THough it was that way on first install, but it changed to always Show. I'd really rather it didn't.

5. JarredD

JarredD Bit poster

I'm having the same issue as well...

6. cjohnson27713

cjohnson27713 Bit poster

I left my MacBook Pro for a couple of hours with Win 7 running in Parallels 5. Before I left no windows taskbar. When I came back the windows task bar was right above my dock and I am unable to hide it in Crystal or Coherence mode.

Why can't I hide it. The only option I get is to Show Windows Taskbar - no Hide...Parallels please respond to this post and others in this thread about this issue...thanks!