Parallels 5 FORGETS boot camp disk location

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jefferis, Dec 4, 2009.

1. jefferis

jefferis Member

Here is the situation. When I start up Parallels, one out of 5 times it will start normally, but if Windows does an update that causes a restart or another program install causes a restart of windows, not of Parallels, when the Windows boot sequence starts up, P5 has lost its link to a valid operating system. I don't get the BOS, but a black screen. When I check configuration, the Virtual PC is set to the RIGHT bootcamp disk but it doesn't see it. In order to get it to start up correctly, I have to force shut down Windows (Parallels says it cannot shut down a boot camp disk) then select configure and repoint it to the same boot camp hard drive and then restart windows. SOMETIMES this works, sometimes it does not and I get the same "can't find an OS" error. This has been happening since P 4, it has just gotten worse with P 5.

I tried the knowledge base of getting a hds file from within the virtual pc, dragging it out to the top window and starting with a fresh Virtual PC, but the same problem recurs.

Jeff

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Could you please when problem will occur one more time send us problem report (Help->Report a Problem) and post here it id.

3. jefferis

jefferis Member

Your problem report has been sent to the Parallels Support team with ID 1218713.

4. wolfgang62

wolfgang62 Junior Member

Same here. I´m used to it now for a year...

5. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

ok, thank you very much for report. It's known problem for our development and i hope will be fixed at further PD 5.0 updates.

6. Michifx

Michifx Bit poster

Same here. I have tried VMWare Fusion. It works fine with Windows bootcamp!!!