Civilization IV & Worms Armageddon on Parallels 4 WORKINGG!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by postexitus, Feb 5, 2009.

1. postexitus

postexitus Bit poster

with parallels 4, I finally got Civ 4 and Worms Armageddon working.

With 3d acceleration enabled, Civ 4 works out of the box.

With 3d acc. disabled, Worms armageddon works, if you apply the latest patch (go to wa.team17.com and download latest patch from left-bottom corner)

I can't believe I don't need stupid bootcamp anymore!!! Hooraaayyy!!!!

2. Sean Cannock

Sean Cannock Bit poster

It doesn't for me, what am I doing wrong? I have the disc in, I installed Worms Armageddon, I updated to latest version, installed Directx6 (it told me to?) then when I clicked it in the applications, it came up with the same problem as before.
    Can anyone else confirm this works?

3. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Sean Cannock,

Looks like the mistake was installing DirectX 6. DirectX versions are already installed in the virtual machine, and it is better not to do so manually.

4. grasshoper

grasshoper Bit poster

civ4-bts starts and it seems to work BUT one of the most important features, the city-info does not work. it is almost impossible to play when you can't see the population of your city or angry and sick citizens.

does anyone know how to fix that?

5. Krsna KesavaF

Krsna KesavaF Bit poster

With parallels 5... worms armageddon???

Hi to all,
    I've update to Parallels 5 and my Worms Armageddon that work in Paralles 4 now don't work in Paralles 5
    :-(

6. Krsna KesavaF

Krsna KesavaF Bit poster

Anyone can confirm that Worms Armageddon don't work on Parallels 5???

7. DaireB

DaireB Bit poster

Worms Armageddon (New) not working.

Worms Armageddon not working for me on Parallels 5.0 either (hadn't tried it on 4.0). Works in Boot Camp. It's as though it has trouble changing the screen resolution or something, gets as far as the first screen but can't select a game, mouse is frozen

8. Krsna KesavaF

Krsna KesavaF Bit poster

On Parlallels 4 you have to disbale "3d Acceleration" in virtual machine setting for play with Worms Armageddon! ;-)

9. SureelP

SureelP Bit poster

I am trying to run Civ 4 in Parallels 5. I am running Windows 7.

I was able to get the program running correctly, but the mouse cursor is not present. The cursor is there (I can click on things), just not readily available. I was able to get around Securom, which sucks, by changing an option on the CD menu.

Any ideas about the mouse?

10. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi SureelP,
    you can try to disable enable/disable 3D acceleration and check video and memory settings in Parallels Desktop configuration. Please also note that Civilization 4 is not supported on Windows 7: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_msr.htm

11. SureelP

SureelP Bit poster

Hello I-che. Thanks for your quick response.

Civilization 4 (and the expansions) seem to run fine when I boot into Windows 7. I have Parallels virtualizing that installation to run quick things when I am in OS X.

When I uncheck 3d Acceleration, I get this error as I try to launch Civ 4 in Windows 7:
    [​IMG]

The virtual machine has the following configuration:
    4 cores, 3GB RAM, and 256MB Video RAM

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

• C4.jpg
      C4.jpg
      File size:
      35 KB
      Views:
  12. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi SureelP,
    let us continue communication in ticket you created.