Apple Remote Desktop Clipboard issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DOCa Cola, Dec 9, 2009.

1. DOCa Cola

DOCa Cola Member

When i am connected with Apple Remote Desktop to an mac os x server that has a windows guest application running in coherence mode top-front (has focus) it is impossible to use the clipboard functions of the ("local") remote desktop application. that means that it is not possible to send content to the remote mac os x server clipboard, nor to receive the current clipboard that the server is holding as long as a windows application has the current focus on the remote computer.
    example: when i want to copy text out of an windows notepad running under parallels on the remote host, i have to copy the text in the windows clipboard, then select another mac application on the remote host (a finder window for example) and only then 'receive clipboard' in the toolbar of my ("local") remote desktop view actually works.

it's a bit complicated to explain. i hope it is clear what i mean.

2. petrovv

petrovv Member

Hello DOCa Cola,
    I've completely understood you. Thank you for your post. It's known limitation of our copy-paste. PD5 is a desktop product, so described test-case (with remote access) we didn't take into account in current version. Sorry for inconvenience. We will study this problem in future.