Not even space on drive -- Parallels won't start

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by zmonster, Dec 10, 2009.

1. zmonster

zmonster Member

Not enough space on drive -- Parallels won't start

I keep getting an error dialog saying there's not enough space on the drive. It first happened while Parallels was running. When I dismissed the dialog it would pop right back up again. I then shut down the VM and tried expanding the drive size using the Image Tool. That did not work. I then used Parallels Mounter to mount the drive and delete some files. That didn't work either. In fact, sometimes the message detail says there's more space available than is really needed, but the thing still won't start up.

I have no idea how to solve this. I can't start Parallels at all now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. zmonster

zmonster Member

Even after mounting the windows drives and manually deleting files, the VM still won't start up. In fact, the more files I delete, the LESS space the error panel says I have left. Something is very wrong. Is there a way I can reset Parallels or repair the drive? I think Parallels is reporting low space even though there's ample space free.

- Eric

3. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Eric,

Can you please post a Problem Report ID (Help -> Report a problem) here, so that i can look at your logs and configuration? Also, please provide your contact information in the report, so i can contact you directly, if required.

Thank you,
    Max

4. zmonster

zmonster Member

I just filed a bug report. Please let me know if there's some way I can force this to boot despite the low disk space. I do NOT think the disk space is too low, I believe Parallels is erroneously saying it's too low.