One more request for Firewire Support!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jigs Gaton, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

It's becoming apparent that we need firewire support in PD, as more and more of us remove BootCamp Partitions and go totally virtual. How hard can it be? Please add in the next release, and if anyone agrees, please post here?

Scenario1: Video production: User comes into show with digitizing needs for PC. It's so much easier to just use a PC environment for this due to proprietary Apple Codecs and incompats between Premiere Pro on mac and Premiere Pro on a PC.

Scenario2: Audio Production with Protools LE: Many plug-ins are PC only or long waits for Mac versions when software is updated. So much easier to have a PC environment to work in for these situations, but Protools LE requires firewire to be present.

Thanks for listening!

2. Jason Jones

Jason Jones Bit poster

firewire

I agree. I want firewire access in parrallels. Please give us the firewire port so we can hook a firewire device. I know more Mac users would be happy and more windows users would switch to mac if this was available in the VM software.

3. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

At this rate, we will be wanting Apple's optical connection support...

I don't think this is going to happen. Both VMWare and Parallels seem mute on this glaring oversight that has plagued creatives for years now. By the time they address this issue, Apple will have removed all firewire ports from macs, and we will all have gone on to something else, perhaps in another lifetime...

4. Mel A

Mel A Junior Member

Please add firewire to PD. I have to run bootcamp to get this to work. i would much rather use PD and throw out Bootcamp. THanks for listening. PD is really great.

5. Stump556

Stump556 Bit poster

So basically, one cannot use a firewire drive through Windows running on PD??

That's wierd, because I was using a firewire drive no problem until 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to PD 5 and Windows 7 from Vista. Once I did that, the firewire drive ability stopped, I couldn't figure out what the problem was, and was getting ready to reinstall when I just read this.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  6. Alex Kulick

Alex Kulick Bit poster

firewire support needed in PD5

needed to capture video into windows video editing software such as Premiere