Wireless Apple mouse cant' right click on XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dwizzle, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dwizzle

dwizzle Bit poster

Hi can anyone help? I am using Build 1970 and my XP is running but i cannot right click on my wireless Apple mouse on Internet Explorer. Anyone know if this problem can be solved or do I have to buy another mouse? Thanks!

2. srvp

srvp Junior Member

I'm not sure why you can't do it with your setup. I can right click with a mighty mouse (same build and XP SP2).

You can control-click to simulate a right click (check you hot keys under preferences) as well.

Steve

3. dwizzle

dwizzle Bit poster

I installed SP not SP2 but I dont know if that has to do with anything. Don't have SP2. I am using a Imac. Thanks for the advice Steve

4. kek

kek Bit poster

Does the right-click work in the Mac OS side?

I have two wireless mice (one at home, one at work) and I figured out that the right-click isn't consistent. The mouse at work is much worse. I would have to click multiple times repositioning my finger until it worked. I really noticed it in the Windows XP/Server 2003 VMs ... but then did some testing on the Mac side and it worked about the same.

I went back to a traditional wired mouse with two buttons and a wheel (not the sensors).

5. dwizzle

dwizzle Bit poster

When I right click on the MAC OS side, nothing ever happens. I am new to Mac and I heard that the right click is not a option on Macs. It appears I might have to buy a regular USB mouse I think. Thanks kek

6. modular747

modular747 Member

You need to go to Keyboard and Mouse settings (in System Preferences) and assign the right mouse button as "secondary button". It is set as "primary button", same as left, by default.

7. John@flavors

John@flavors Junior Member

Yeah, Sometimes it hangs -- I just disconnect and reconnect the mouse and it comes back.

8. dwizzle

dwizzle Bit poster

modular747 thanks a lot!!!! It works!!!! THanks John also for the post.