Parallels 5 causes Snow Leopard slow startup

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AndriY, Nov 15, 2009.

1. AndriY

AndriY Bit poster

If I look at Console log:

11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/16/09 12:09:21 PM com.apple.WindowServer[110] Mon Nov 16 12:09:21 dyware-core.local WindowServer[110] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

It need 35 seconds (12:09:21 PM 12:08:56 PM) to finish com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.
    Also, there're many unknown messages on Console log:

11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QCocoaPrintPanelDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/16/09 12:08:56 PM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[55] objc[67]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

FYI, I use Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on MacBook Pro late 2008.
    Anyone have the same problem? Any idea?
    Thanks.

2. AndriY

AndriY Bit poster

Nobody?

I think there's something wrong when executing "ParallelsDispatcherService". It's bash script, isn't it?
    Please respond.

3. olddirtyme

olddirtyme Bit poster

Parallels Service.app configuration problems

It appears that there is a problem. I'm seeing all kinds of errors on boot with Parallels 5 The console info is below. The effect is that I'm getting segfaults in some apps, such as Firefox and iMovie. Parallels, please fix so I don't have to uninstall. This is making my Mac very unstable! I'm using an iMac 21.5" 3.06ghz with 8gig ram:

11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QCocoaPrintPanelDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    11/17/09 12:51:10 PM com.parallels.desktop.client.launch[175] objc[175]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

4. HaraldK

HaraldK Bit poster

same problems - will Parallels fix that?

Same lines in the logfile (Mac OS X 10.6.2 iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo).
    || should FIX that asap.

5. Stephen109

Stephen109 Bit poster

Slow also

My mac is moving much slower with 5.0. I'm not happy about that at all.

6. RebeccaB

RebeccaB Bit poster

Same here in terms of the slow boot and the console log entries. My boot time is between 6-13 minutes.

7. normd

normd Bit poster

Anybody find some solutions? P5 takes several minutes to launch. It used to take over ten.

8. I-che

I-che Pro

hi, if you experience slow Parallels Desktop 5 start, please try to reinstall PD completely following this Knowledgebase article:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/6904
    Please note that virtual machine is not affected when removing Parallels Desktop, but commands should be executed very carefully.

9. Silversorcerer

Silversorcerer Member

Many of those same messages show up in my console log, but apparently do not affect the launch time of PD5 VM XPpro, which after complete shut down of PD5, boot time to functional XP screen is about 1 minute +/- a few seconds for security and other start-up Windows features. This is after Mac OS X is already up. Shut down is much longer, comparable to the shut down time in a real PC.

System is Macbook Core Duo 2.0, 2 G RAM, Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (this is the last fully updated version).

10. mmurray

mmurray Member

I have the slow boot as well. I have found, as suggested in another thread, that disabling spotlight by telling it not to index the whole MacintoshHD volume makes boot nearly instantaneous. I will try the uninstaller.

Michael

11. Silversorcerer

Silversorcerer Member

Correction to my above post: Shutdown is actually only about 45 seconds depending on how much of Windows was running. It just seems like forever because Mac OS shuts so much faster. This is with a PD5 install of XPpro SP3 that is not an upgrade from an earlier version of PD. I post this so that there is a valid comparison to how the upgrade to PD5 should behave.

12. Leon Laureij

Leon Laureij Bit poster

I am getting the same console messages with my Parallels 5 trial version. After the first time I received them my trial got de-activated and I had to request a new activation key.
    The messages seemed to co-occur with warnings that all kinds of programs were trying to give network access, including "nmblookup".
    One warning also said that the time on my Mac had been set back with some 5 years. Since, after every boot I have to re-enter my router password.

... All this makes me wonder whether I should buy Parallels or not.