Crystal mode acting like Coherence since 9308 build

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeffL, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JeffL

JeffL Bit poster

Just installed the Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9308 and I'm having some minor issues that didn't happen before. I'm running in Crystal mode, but it's behaving more like Coherence mode. The Windows Start menu will pop-up when I hit the command key and I'm also seeing little flashes of the Windows Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Anyone else updated and having these same issues?

2. I-che

I-che Pro

3. JeffL

JeffL Bit poster

The problems started when I loaded build 9308. The previous build worked fine. And the flickering Taskbar is present in Crystal and Coherence mode.

4. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi Jeff,

I have some questions about the problems:

1. Crystal acts as Coherence. What do you mean?
    2. Do you have Autohide option ON in Windows taskbar?

Alexander

5. nvrmore100

nvrmore100 Member

I have the same problem with the flickering task bar. In my case, it's actually taking focus from OSX, and causing my Windows desktop to come to the foreground.

6. nvrmore100

nvrmore100 Member

Sorry I should have commented, I have tried with both "hide windows taskbar" off and on in VM config, and with auto-hide taskbar in Windows off and on. All have the same flickering result.

7. JeffL

JeffL Bit poster

1. Prior to build 9308, the Windows Start menu was only available in Crystal mode from the Parallels drop down. In build 9308, it will also appear when you have a Windows application in the foreground and hit the command key. Prior to build 9308, hitting the command key to bring up the Start menu only happened in Coherence mode, not Crystal mode.

2. No, autohide option on the taskbar is not turned on. The flickering happens in both Crystal and Coherence mode. It looks like it starts to show the taskbar and then hides it again every few minutes.

8. alexg

1. It is not Coherence or Crystal, it is Windows behavior, then you press Command (Windows key) then Start menu appears. It works so starting version 2.5. You can switch off remapping Command to Windows key in the Parallels Desktop preferences.

2. So, will find the problem. There is no workaround for now.

9. alexg