Aero problems with Parallels 5

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JordiL, Nov 4, 2009.

1. JacobM

JacobM Bit poster

Wohoo can't wait for the update :D:D:D

I love it that you guys are so committed! :D

2. Alex Shen

Alex Shen Bit poster

Same here

Thought it was just me. But glad you guys found out what's happening and gonna fix it. Can u give us a hint what's causing it? Any workaround for now? Thank you. Good job on this release! (please bring back ability to disable win app icons).

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.48f2
    Serial Number (system): W894535A644
    Hardware UUID: A830153B-0EC1-559A-9EA5-666A4EBE2171
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

3. weaverdrew

weaverdrew Bit poster

Serv - Which build/update will this be in? It's not in 9308 is it? Thanks for clarifying.

4. Fai Lau

Fai Lau Junior Member

I've been using 9308 for a day and there has not been any Aero problem.

5. weaverdrew

weaverdrew Bit poster

I am using 9308 and am still seeing it, so I am hoping the fix has not been released yet. :)

6. serv

serv Forum Maven

weaverdrew,

9308 fixed periodic Aero blackouts due to restarting DWM. The cause was pretty specific and can not recur.
    If you're observing similar symptoms we need to start over.

Please describe your issue in more detail. What exactly happens? How frequently? What you're doing when it happens? Are there any interesting messages from DWM in Windows Event Log?
    Also generate a problem report via Parallels Help menu and post report id here.

7. weaverdrew

weaverdrew Bit poster

Aero crash still occurring

Serv - Thanks for following up.

I typically run Parallels in Full Screen mode, running Windows 7 and using Powerpoint 2000. That's the only time I've seen the error.

About two times per hour, the screen will flash black and Windows will recover in 2-3 seconds. Sounds like the Aero crash that's been described. It occurs always when I click something or am dragging something in Powerpoint. It never occurs when I am idle just looking at the screen.

The error log captures all of the events. The message for DWM is the same: The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898009b)

Thanks!

8. weaverdrew

weaverdrew Bit poster

Nevermind

Serv - Sorry, user error. I did not actually have the updated build. I have it now and the Aero problem seems resolved.

Thanks!

9. mishaw

mishaw Bit poster

Aero problems

I have the same issue. I ran Windows diagnostic and got the message "out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode. Change computer display to 1920x1200 @60hz." I have a new macbook pro 13" hooked up to a 24" Dell monitor. The Dell is set to 1920x1200 etc.

This problem also started with me out of the blue. Was working fine. Now it isn't. Weird.

I'm using the 9308 build. Help! Is it parallels or do I have a bad video card?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010