Wireless Printing Issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mmiller99, Jan 18, 2007.

1. mmiller99

mmiller99 Bit poster

I have a Mac and a wireless printer. the printer is working fine on the Mac but when i go into Windows XP through Parallels i cannot print. i installed the printer several times in windows but when i try printing it just sits there and then eventually fails.

I tired downloading Bonjour after reading other forums but when i'm in Bonjour no printers come up. I was reading something about making sure Bonjour is in the Parallel Shared folders but i cannot seem to get file into that folder. does it need to be in there? i'm totally frustrated be/c i cannot print anything from the Windows XP. Is there something i'm missing?

2. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

When you go to the Printer Folder in the XP Control Panels, does the printer show as being online or offline?

If offline, can you right click and change it to online?

ajm

3. mmiller99

mmiller99 Bit poster

yes the printer is online.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Go into System Preferences / Internet & Network / Sharing .....and make sure that Printer Sharing is checked. If it still doesn't work, try a reboot. (And also reboot your printer.)

If it doesn't work after that, try uninstalling any drivers you installed under Windows, and then reboot.

5. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

How are you setting up the printer? Even though your printer is on a network, you should be selecting local. Here is a detailed procedure for setup.

Go to printer setup
    Select LocaL
    Deselect "automatically detect"
    Next
    Select "Create a New Port"
    Select "Standard TCP/IP Port"
    Next
    Next
    Enter IP Address
    The port name will be reated automatically.
    Select "Generci Network Card"
    Finish

ajm