Slow Parallels 5 Cured? Use 2 Processors. Please test and confirm!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Copilot, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Copilot

Copilot Member

Don't know how my Parallels installation may differ from others that's having issues.
    Mine starts up within 1-2 bounces and performs very well. Running XP (256 meg memory) and 7 (512 meg memory, Aero on).

I haven't customized anything in the setting except Virtual Machine>Configure>General>2 Processors

Spotlight left on.

Can anyone try using 2 processors and chime in?

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

What are your machine specs? I tried 2 processors on my MBAir, 1.6 GHz, 2 Gig Ram, one VM running Windows 7, 768 MB assigned to it, 3D acceleration on, 128 MB assigned to the graphics card, optimize for the VM (not for Mac OS X). Using 1 or 2 processors makes no (perceived) difference on my machine. Turning off spotlight on my shared folders and turning off time synchronisation in the VM makes a lot of difference.

3. LawrenceD

LawrenceD Bit poster

I have enabled both CPU's and I see no difference with mine either. Im running XP with 512 Meg on my Macbook 2.54 GHz 10.6.2 and 4 Gig Ram

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

I've just re-done the Windows Experience Index thingy and it tells me that with 2 processors, the CPU performance increased from 3.7 (1 processor) to 4.5 (2 processors) on my MB Air. Nice :)

5. NathanielA

NathanielA Bit poster

Tried 2 processors

This does not seem to make any difference. It still takes forever for programs to come up on XP.

6. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

I can't use 2 processors; that option is grayed out for me. I run a MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz with two video coprocessors. Any idea what my problem is? Also, Parallels Tools appears to have uninstalled itself, and I'm unable to reinstall.