Question for the Parallels Guru's!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BigPoppa, Jan 4, 2007.

1. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

Ok, let me see if I can explain this:

I have a Sprint USB broadband adapter. I have the Sprint tools installed in Parallels and it works fine and I can connect to the internet with the VM. Is there a way to get the MAC side of the house to see the VM connection and use it to get out on the net?

Thanks!

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Assuming you are using Windows, have you tried turning on Internet sharing in Windows? The host and guest are really two separate computers (logically) and can communicate over a network connection. You may have to assign IP, mask, and gateway addresses manually, or Windows may do it for you (haven't tried it).

3. AlanH

AlanH Pro

... or I'm sure it must be possible to set the Mac up to use the Sprint broadband connection, and then use the Parallels host networking to share it to the VM. That would be the simplest and safest way to operate, as then the Mac would still have access when the VM is suspended or off.

4. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

BP,
    Are you referring to the U720 USB BBand adapter? IF so you should be able to just plug that into MBP and OSX should see it. AS long as the Adapter has been initialized by a windows box you shoudo be able to use it.
    I believe that the Verizon Accesss Manager actually supports that adapter as well even though you are talkng about a different service.
    Go over to http://www.evdo-info.com and check out the forums, there are tons of posts about this issue.

HTH,
    Peter

5. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

It is the u720. Mac initializes it however, no internet connect settings for it, no ability to connect with it. No Sprint supported software for it either.

6. catwink20

catwink20 Junior Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007