When is Parallels going 64bit?

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by Danorske, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Danorske

Danorske Member

I just upgraded my Suse10.1 to 10.2, (64bit by accident). I really don't want to go through all that again. I am wondering if the next version of Parallels will be happy with 64bit and how long it may take? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth the wait or if I should bite the bullet and reinstall to the 32 bit Suse.

Thanks,
    Ron:D

2. SteffenG

SteffenG Bit poster

Hi Ron,

I was in a very similar situation (in my case I didn't realize that Parallels didn't support 64-bit OS). I asked around, and the most definitive information I can give you that 64-bit should be in the next release, and that could be another 3 months.

So I would suggest re-installing Suse10.2 as 32-bit, and hopefully with Suse 10.3 we will have a 64-bit parallels.

Steffen

3. Danorske

Danorske Member

Thanks Steffen,
    I needed that.
    Ron

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Version 3.0 will be out this year and will have full 64 bit support.

5. bgose

bgose Member

That's great that 64 bit support will be out soon. I am curious as to how many processors I can assign to the VM. Having a MacPro, I'd love to be able to use three (maybe 4) 64bit processors in the Parallels environment.

Is this an option y'all are going to include when you get 64 bit Parallels up and running?

6. kelobro

kelobro Member

tick-tock tick-tock

When Andrew? How much more money will I have to spend for the update?

waiting...
    waiting...
    waiting...

7. deljohn

deljohn Bit poster

Any word on 64 bit support? Got Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I'm itching to give it a try...

8. zombiexl

zombiexl Bit poster

This year is pretty vague, especially considering were less than 1/4 in.