9310 German when?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Shaddam IV, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Guys, when will you make 9310 available in German? I have a German Parallels build 9308 and I want to update to 9310. I can only do this by running the US trial. And that trial is counting down the days ;-)

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Bump. Guys, when? I really don't want to go back to 9308.

3. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi Shaddam IV,
    we will release localized update soon.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Here's to hoping. I've got 10 days left on 9310 :)

5. HellerK

HellerK Junior Member

@I-Che

Is these problem fixed : First start of VM using Boot Camp - Hanging in step 1 of 4 - trying to repair - fails ?

The solution with MacDrive is stupid !

Any solution under 9310 ?

Cheers
    Gregor

6. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi Gregor,

we need some additional details:

- Windows version in Boot Camp
    - 32-bit or 64-bit
    - Boot Camp version
    - problem report sent when VM creation hangs (Help > Report a problem). ID can be posted here.
    - output of 'diskutil list' command issued in Terminal. You can post output here.

7. HellerK

HellerK Junior Member

Hi!

Thank you so much for giving me a sign :)

I´m using Windows 7 64-bit on my new 27" i7 with the latest/newest Boot Camp available.

I´ll send the other datas this late evening ( german time ) in about 14 hours because I´m in the office at the moment and not at home.

See you
    Gregor

8. HellerK

HellerK Junior Member

Hi I-che!

I´m using Boot Camp 3.1 64-bit-Version with Win 7 64-bit. Native absolutely no problems.

The VM hangs in step 1 of 4 : a windows pops up saying that I must continue the configuration by hand.
    Then Windows 7 tries to make a system start repair - but fails while asking if I want to send a problem report ( to microsoft I think )

My problem ID is as follows : ID 2480544

And here is my "diskutil list" :

Last login: Fri Jan 29 08:45:14 on console
    imac27:~ Gregor$ diskutil list
    /dev/disk0
    #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
    0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk0
    1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
    2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 1.7 TB disk0s2
    3: Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP 275.8 GB disk0s3
    imac27:~ Gregor$

Best regards
    Gregor

9. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi HellerK,
    thank you for details. Please give us some time to check the issue.

10. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Uuuuh my 9310 trial runs out on Feb 05... Hope that you'll get the German update out by then...

Thanks!

11. NorbertF

NorbertF Bit poster

I am also waiting .. but I don't understand why there are different keys for the available languages. Seems that some also paying customers must wait until the update is available in theri language ... hard to believe in 2010 ...

If I knew that earlier, I would have bought the english version ...

12. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

4 days to go on 9310 US before I have to go back to 9308 DE. Hm. Language dependent keys are ok if all languages are updated at the same time but I am getting nervous. Parallels team, could you please step on it? Pretty please...?

13. ChenD

ChenD Bit poster

Shaddam, I have a question? what's so good in 9310 that you can't stand 9308 anymore?

14. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

It's not that I can't stand 9308 but 9310 removed a bug with clock synchronization and Live Mail and mentions that "Windows is running faster" which I believe to be a Good Thing (R). So I'd prefer to keep running 9310. Plus I'm getting nervous that the release schedule for other languages lags so much behind the US version.

15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Only 3 days to go... oh oh...

16. HellerK

HellerK Junior Member

Dear I-che!

1 week over now - any news would be very appreciate !

Best regards
    Gregor

17. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi Gregor,
    the issue is being checked, please be patient.

18. neo177

neo177 Bit poster

hello I-che,

i opened a ticket at your support team in this case and asked to change the license number from german to english, so i could use the current build 9310. The answer from the support team: ...that is not possible, please wait we will release the localized versions soon. ...now i am waiting over 3 weeks and nothing happens. Guys, this is really frustrating to read in your own knowledgebase:
    ----------
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/7098

About Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9310
    Article ID: 7098
    Last Review: Jan,15 2010
    Author: Andrey
    Last updated by: Andrey APPLIES TO:

* Parallels Desktop for Mac 5.0

Summary
    Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9310 includes changes that improve performance and enhance compatibility. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac.
    ----------
    Why you cannot release this build for all the devs/users around or please stop this "monkey dance" with different serials for localized versions. I feel really fooled because everyone outside has some problems with VMs in performance and graphiccard emulation issues and you recommend the 9310 build in your kb. So we hope for new builds quick and of course for all the devs!

Please understand this statement as a positive review.

19. HellerK

HellerK Junior Member

Hi!

Yesterday evening I tried the MacDrive solution and installed these program under native Win7 in Boot Camp ( plus set the RAM on 1001MB for VM ) ... but even this brought no difference .. the VM still hangs in step 1 of 4 :-(

Very disappointing at all ...

You ask for more time .. but are you able to reproduce these error in your work shop or are you still trying to look what we are all talking from ??

Best regards
    Gregor

20. NorbertF

NorbertF Bit poster

Still waiting ...

... and still trying to understand the different Key -> Language bahaviour ... :(