stop automatic opening of virtual machines list

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by manfredell, Feb 10, 2010.

1. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

How can I stop P5 from automatically opening the Virtual Machines List window each time I start it (I have my XP VM opening automatically).

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Stop the VM. Choose menu Virtual Machine->Configuration. There you'll find the startup options.

3. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

Guess you didn't understand what I meant: I want the Window "Virtual Machine List" stop from opening when I start PD.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Do you have only 1 or several VMs set up? I have at some point in the past clicked the "close" button in my VM list (I only have one VM running) and since then I haven't seen the list.

If you can't stand the list, you could position it behind your VM's window.

5. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

I have 2 VM's set up and it opens always, can't find an option to not open it, as I use one autostart VM and don't need this window.

6. cvilledave

cvilledave Bit poster

Has anyone found a way to stop the Virtual Machines List for automatically opening? I also have a couple of VMs, but I routinely use only 1. I'd like to keep the list hidden unless I need it ... having the window automatically open just clutters the desktop. BTW, this also appears to happen on Parallels 6.

7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Hm, I guess that with several VM's you'll always see this window. I suggest you position it so it is behind the window of the VM you set to autostart.